Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ditch #5 - Dog Bowls


In 2009, I built the dogs a new dog bowl platform. It was partly due to the fact that we hated having to fill two water bowls when they always share anyway, but also due to the fact that these bowls were nasty and difficult to clean. So instead of getting rid of them when I built the new platform, we set these in the garage thinking we'd take them on trips with us. We didn't. Instead we brought just the bowls because believe it or not, they are able to stand up on their own without a platform.

So after finding these all dusty and gross in the garage, I washed them in water for the picture, and now they are ready to be ditched.

I have an issue just throwing them in the trash though. What should we do with these things? I feel like if I'm going to be doing this challenge and be throwing some things away, I should dispose of them correctly. For example, find a place that recycles metal and rubber and dispose of them that way. They have recycle bins at work for all those things. I think some research is necessary.

2 comments:

Good question, maybe see if a shelter wants them? I don't know if they accept stuff that's used though. A recycling center is a good idea.

Also, seriously love this section on the blog.

keep ditching stuff, this is fun!

i also recommend giving to a shelter or even just a rescue.