Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ditch #31 - Old Wood Scraps

Last one! I have too many scraps of wood in the garage sitting around from old projects. I've always kept them around just in case I might need them, but seriously, when am I every going to use this crap? It would have to be quite a project to use a bin full of scraps of wood.

So I rounded up a bunch of wood (as much as I could in the short amount of time I had tonight) and threw as much as I could into the garbage. We have a few might empty shelves in the garage now, and it's kinda nice. Not all of it could fit into the trash can so next week I'll scrap the rest of the wood.

Well apparently there are a few items that have tickled the fancy of some of the people who read this blog. For example, Jason has claimed the Plaid Avenger's World Textbook. So if something looks interesting and you want it, feel free to let me know and I'll save it for you. But hurry, because things will start to be taken to Goodwill in bulk soon.

A Ditch A Day month is OVER!! Woo hoo! I think this month has made me realize one thing overall. That what we have in the house is just stuff. I even got to the point where I could start ditching things we actually use all the time and live without it. I started not caring about material things. But I tried really hard not to turn the corner from motivated to wasteful. That's where I drew the line, if we use it or plan to use it, I shouldn't ditch it, but everything else can go. So am I glad it's over? For sure, but I can honestly say that I learned something from it and that made it worth while.

1 comments:

Loved reading this series!!