Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Ditch A Day

Everyone knows how much I love a challenge. Well 2 days ago I was reading our friend Jess' blog and one of her posts inspired a new challenge for March.

Her post (which I link to here) referenced a blog she discovered (which I link to here) called "What I Got Rid of Today". The point of this blog is for this guy to get rid of 1 item in his life every day for 1 year. I think that's BRILLIANT. Everyone always has something they don't need anymore. There's no reason for us to have crap lying around that builds up dust. I think our house in particular is pretty empty as it is. We don't even have a couch in our living room and we went 3 years without a table in our dining room. But regardless, this has prompted my new challenge for March.

I will call the challenge "A Ditch A Day" and everyday I will post on what I have gotten rid of out of this house. I think at first it will be easy because I can already name 5 things I'm looking forward to getting rid of. As the month goes on, I think this will be more difficult.

When I say "get rid of", I mean either trash, donate, or sell. The goal is to get it out of the house regardless of the means. I actually don't have time to take items to Goodwill every day so anything I'm not throwing away, I will probably set in a box in the garage until the end of the month and then take care of them all at once. I hear some libraries takes books so that might be easy if we get rid of some books.

So here's my Day 1 Ditch:


There is absolutely no reason for me to own 3 pair of yard-work shoes. I had 3 pair piled up in the garage and yet every day when I go to the gym I pass a box that says "PLEASE DONATE YOUR OLD GYM SHOES HERE!" I passed that box one too many times, but today that box received one pair of old running shoes and another pair of old walking around shoes. Coincidentally, my gym bag now reeks. Goodbye shoes.

1 comments:

Love it!

First day's ditch - I also have 2 pairs of "old/yard work running shoes"