Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 3

I am trying to stay ahead of the NFL here because our weekends are jam-packed with activities. I am also finding it hard to continue doing this because I am a terrible picker. I guess the good news is there is a lot of room for improvement. In looking at the expert picks, I guess I'm not doing too bad! I do enjoy giving my quick thoughts at the bottom. It's like mini-creative writing.

Last Week: 9-7

Cincinnati @ Carolina:Cincinnati
Atlanta @ New Orleans: New Orleans
Pittsburgh @ Tampa Bay: Pittsburgh
Cleveland @ Baltimore: Baltimore
Tennessee @ NY Giants: NY Giants
San Francisco @ Kansas City: Kansas City
Dallas @ Houston: Houston
Buffalo @ New England: New England
Detroit @ Minnesota: Minnesota
Washington @ St. Louis: Washington
Philadelphia @ Jacksonville: Philadelphia
San Diego @ Seattle: Seattle
Oakland @ Arizona: Arizona
Indianapolis @ Denver: Indianapolis
NY Jets @ Miami: NY Jets
Green Bay @ Chicago: Green Bay

Overall Record: 16-16


Quick Thoughts on the Games:
If Cincinnati doesn't win, my head will explode
I really want to pick the Falcons over the Saints, but it just feels wrong
Tampa Bay over Pittsburgh, I can only dream
Baltimore's defense is going to eat Delhomme for lunch, and their offense gets back on track.
There's only one game less interesting than the Giants vs. Titans. Both teams are vanilla and irrelevant.
Kansas City is not for real, but San Francisco is not the test they need
Dallas isn't even the best team in Texas anymore
I can't believe New England lost, is away really that much more tough than home? They won't lose to Buffalo at home. I'm guessing 44-10 is the final.
Detroit almost did it last week, this one will depend on which Favre shows up.
St. Louis could upset Washington, we haven't seen the Redskins on the road yet.
I originally took Jacksonville when I thought Kolb was starting. I think with Vick, Philly will be fine.
Seattle at home, that's the only reason why.
This is the most uninteresting game of the week, not even the fans in Oakland or Arizona care who wins.
Indy or Denver, I was close to flipping a coin. Denver is tough place to play.
The Jets better not beat the Patriots and then turnaround and lose to the Dolphins, that would be embarrassing.
At home, Green Bay would spank Chicago, but on the road, this will be closer.

0 comments: