Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 2

Boy did I get clobbered last week. I should have stuck with my gut on New Orleans and New England. I will not be picking against the Patriots for the rest of the year, no matter who they play. They'll end up 13-3 or something, and I'll happily make 12 of those picks correctly. They looked extremely solid. I can't really be mad the Bengals lost, at least they showed heart in the second half.

Here are my week 2 picks:

Last Week: 7-9

Miami @ Minnesota:Minnesota
Arizona @ Atlanta: Atlanta
Philadelphia @ Detroit: Philadelphia
Chicago @ Dallas: Dallas
Baltimore @ Cincinnati: Cincinnati (homer pick)
Buffalo @ Green Bay: Green Bay
Pittsburgh @ Tennessee: Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ Carolina: Carolina
Kansas City @ Cleveland: Kansas City
St. Louis @ Oakland: St. Louis
Seattle @ Denver: Denver
Houston @ Washington: Washington
New England @ NY Jets: New England
Jacksonville @ San Diego: San Diego
New York Giants @ Indianapolis: Indianapolis
New Orleans @ San Francisco: New Orleans

Overall Record: 7-9

Quick Thoughts on the Games:
Brett Favre does not go 0-2, nor do people wearing Wrangler jeans.
Part of me wants to pick Detroit over Philly, but then the other part remembers it's Detroit
I think Baltimore is going to manhandle us, but until I've lost hope, I continue to pick stupid.
Tampa Bay, Carolina, Kansas City, Cleveland, St. Louis, Oakland, I just might as well flip some coins.
I feel like Seattle over-achieved and Denver under-achieved, not sure which trend will continue.
Houston's running game looked HOT, but I think it's because Indy thought they'd throw it more. I'll go with Cinderella Redskins in D.C. again.
New England, the rest of the season.
Is San Diego on the way down already?
Peyton Manning does not go 0-2.
Cross country is tough, but San Francisco is not.

0 comments: