Thursday, September 9, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 1

I have been thinking about ways to blog about things that are more relevant to other people. Blogging about personal feelings or my running goals isn't exactly relevant to other people and therefore not always interesting to people who come to the blog. Since I love football and most people like football, I figured I'd try incorporating that a little bit.

I've always enjoyed seeing people make weekly picks for the NFL games, so I'm going to start doing this as well. It also makes it relevant to a lot of people because I'm picking every team's game. I'll also be keeping track of my weekly record and yearly totals, and hopefully will be able to compare it to the experts. I hope I can keep it up, blogging on a weekly basis might prove to be difficult sometimes. Here are all the games and all my picks:

Minnesota @ New Orleans:Minnesota
Miami @ Buffalo: Miami
Detroit @ Chicago: Chicago
Oakland @ Tennessee: Tennessee
Cincinnati @ New England: Cincinnati
Carolina @ New York Giants: Carolina
Atlanta @ Pittsburgh: Atlanta
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay: Cleveland
Denver @ Jacksonville: Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston: Indianapolis
Arizona @ St. Louis: St. Louis
Green Bay @ Philadelphia: Green Bay
San Francisco @ Seattle: San Francisco
Dallas @ Washington: Washington
Baltimore @ New York Jets: Baltimore
San Diego @ Kansas City: San Diego

Overall Record: 0-0

Wow, I just realized that 11 of my picks are visiting teams. I might get rocked this week. We'll see...

I had to take the Bengals in Week 1. If I were completely impartial, I'd probably take the Patriots, but what kind of fan would I be if I didn't take the Bengals?? As far as a season guess, I think I'd go with 10-6 and barely missing the playoffs. That's probably a very safe guess, but if I were to change it, I'd go on the 9-7 side. I want to believe they are going to be very very good because they certainly have the potential, but we'll find a way to screw it up somehow.

I had New Orleans in the first game. Then I heard Adrian Peterson guarantee the win, and who am I to go against what he says? He convinced me, I got the Vikings. Although he also said he could rush for 2500 yards, so maybe he's more psychotic than confident.

I don't have too many surprise picks here. Maybe Buffalo, Atlanta, Cleveland, and St. Louis? I think Bradford will light it up and Delhomme (as much as it pains me to say this) might briefly return to his 2004 form. They all have very winnable games in week 1 too.

I'd say Washington is a surprise pick too, but I have a reliable source (Matt) that says Dallas has been terrible in the preseason. So I'm sticking to that advice.

3 comments:

Nice read! But as you said I'm thinking you might get rocked this week, with your picks being road teams!!!

Should have picked one additional road team. Jaguars are going to get clobbered.

yeah my motivation there was that there are very few things about Denver's team that isn't questionable on offense. Questionable WR's, RB's, QB's. Seems like they are just continuously transitioning to find consistency in every position. I dont know much about the defense, but they're going up against Jones-Drew and a QB in Gerrard that's looking to prove himself as solid.