Friday, September 10, 2010

Fulfill Your Potential

Someone re-tweeted this article today and one thing really resonated with me. Here in this article in Outside Magazine, Ironman Champion Chrissie Wellington couldn't have put it any better. I like setting goals and going after them and I just feel like inside me I got this burning desire to go for something harder or bigger when it comes to athletics.

"But most of all, I am motivated by that little something inside. That seed that won't rest until I know I have fulfilled my potential and been the best that I can be. I think deep down we all have that seed, that little voice. I just think some people are scared to listen to it, scared to try, scared of failure. Fear of the unknown could have stopped me giving up my career back in 2007 and having a go at professional triathlon. Luckily for me, I quashed that fear--and instead listened to the voice inside that told me never to think 'what if,' the seed that compels me to try and reach new, difficult, and, yes, daunting goals."

Here is a link to the full article: Ironman Champ Chrissie Wellington's M.O.

I love that phase "fulfill my potential". Fulfill your potential.

0 comments: