Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Baseball Kind of Weekend

We have been slacking on using some free (sorta) baseball tickets for a while so in the final weekend of minor league baseball, we put them to good use and went to the Durham Bulls game last night (Triple-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays):


And then tonight we went to the Carolina Mudcats game. They are the Double-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. There were a bunch of Reds hats all over the place so I was feeling a bit nostalgic. I felt the need to join in so I wore my Reds hat with pride.


The pictures are terrible because I took them with my phone. I'm realizing more and more lately, and Liz would probably disagree with this completely, that posting pictures and viewing pictures is less about the quality and more about the information presented. You get the point with both pictures that we were at a baseball game and also get an idea about roughly where we were sitting. That's really all you need to know.

The weather for both games was fantastic though. Started out around 80 both nights and finished in the mid-60's. It's so incredibly refreshing seeing as all Summer I've been yearning for the cooler weather. Ugh, I hate involuntary sweating. Amen Fall.

2 comments:

We had a baseball weekend too! Scott took the girls to a SkySox game where Brynn learned the rules of baseball AND learned that it is okay to yell at pro athletes. Go figure.

Are we going to see a garden update soon??? I'm waiting...

Ohh! I just got back from a mudcats game - minor league baseball is so much fun!