Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quote of the NIght

I talked to my sister tonight on the phone, and here's her response to my "Me vs. Machine" month:

"Michael! Life is more fun than constantly competing."

It's all about drive. Competition drives me. Setting goals and reaching for them is fun. I don't know why, but I always have a desire to accomplish something more or do something better. I haven't commented on this in a while but I have run about 650 miles in 2010 so far. There's no doubt, assuming no injuries, that I'm going to eclipse the 1000 mile New Year Resolution goal for the first time ever. It's my natural instincts once I get there to then think to myself "Now what can I do?" It's a constant cycle.

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." - Zig Ziglar

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar

1 comments:

I'm totally enjoying your man vs. machine challenge. If you were constantly competing against someone else, I might think you were a little off, but you're competing against yourself to try to improve. That's admirable!