Friday, August 20, 2010

Days in a Row

I'm beginning to wonder how many days in a row I can bike to work. So far I'm up to 14, and I'm thinking I can do it for both September and October but the colder months might start getting difficult. I really don't enjoy sweating in the morning, but I love not having to drive my car everywhere. It really is just empowering. It gives me a good sense of distance and doesn't let me take for granted being able to just get up and drive 30 miles just because I can. I think when the month ends, I'm going to continue to bike to work.

Saturday should be kind of awesome. We are going to bike to the American Tobacco Trail, bike all the way down to downtown Durham and go to the farmers market, and then bike back. Should be a total of about 20 miles round trip. We'll also probably hit up the pool after that. It'll be a nice little Saturday.

2 comments:

What's the concern with biking in the winter? The snow or the cold?

We have a family friend who bikes to work year-round in Buffalo, NY. Granted, he modified his bike to make it work better in the snow, but I think you should be just fine in North Carolina.

it's the cold, im concerned about freezin my nay-nays off. I'd have to get some better gear like tight pants and gloves that cover my fingers.

it doesnt snow enough to worry about that.

now buffalo? that guy is crazy!