Sunday, August 10, 2008

Week 7 Review

This would normally be a long blog entry because this week of running was amazing and I feel like I'm close to being in the best shape of my life. But I was told by a certain someone that the entries about running are the most boring thing to read, so I will try to make it short.

Tuesday - 3m
Wednesday - 7.5m (only supposed to do 6, but I was feeling too good to stop)
Friday - 3.25m
Sunday - 12.8m
26.55m for the week.

I was only supposed to do 12 on this Sunday run but I decided to just run a full 2 hours no matter how far I went and ended up getting 12.8. The amazing part is that after mile 1, my heart rate was 130 beats per minute and when I finished, I checked my heart rate and it was at 138 bpm. That's why I say I'm in the best shape of my life. For my first marathon, I just wanted to keep my heart rate below 160 for the first 10 miles. So to have it at 138 after 2 hours and basically finishing a half marathon is mind blowing to me. I finished feeling a little sore and achy in the knees and a little winded but not really tired at all. Great run.

I'm inching closer and closer to committing to the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon in May. I'm running too good right now to stop after October.

mile counter: 111.1

0 comments: