Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pooped - Week 6 Review

Just finished week 6 of the training and I am very pooped. Not only physically but mentally as well. This was supposed to be an easy week. A week to re-energize me but all I am is exhausted.

I think it's the heat. I have run outside for every run this week and it is just too hot. Today's run almost felt unhealthy to be outside it was so hot. I don't have much to say other than I am really tired and want to take a break. But with training, the longest break is 1 day long. Running starts again Tuesday.

This past week I ran 3 miles Tuesday, pushed Wednesday's run of 5 miles back to Thursday and Thursday's run of 3 miles back to Friday, and then ran 7.75 miles today with John. The 5 mile run was great. I did it in 42 minutes which is around 8:30 per mile. It was tiring and difficult but felt great to get a decent time for once. Today John and I completed 7.75 miles before stopping and while it was crazy hot and I was very very tired, it felt good to get that under my belt as well. To have run a long distance outside after doing them on the treadmill gave me a sliver of confidence.

Next weekend should be interesting. Should I run the 12 miles on the treadmill in the gym where I know for a fact I can do it without any trouble, or should I brave the heat and the hills to run it outside? I think I will choose the treadmill but we will see. My reasoning is that in October it won't be hot so why should I torture myself for no reason. The goal of training is to build my muscles and stamina, not to deteriorate my confidence and cause me to cut short the long runs. I think once it cools down, the outside runs will feel fantastic, but until then I see no reason to make it so painful.

mile counter: 84.55

8 days till the Bengals first preseason game... who dey, and I actually mean it.

0 comments: