Saturday, March 21, 2009

Smart Dude

Today I was sitting around and was pretty bored, so I decided to start trying to teach Gryffin a trick. I eventually want him to roll over but the first step to doing that is getting him to lie down. So I got some food and just started training him. I am not joking, I spent literally 10 minutes teaching him and he already picked up on what to do. He's a little inconsistent right now because it's so new, but after a couple tries, he gets it.





We felt bad because Gryffin was getting all the treats. Daisy just doesn't pick up on tricks very quickly and she was just in the way with her begging. I promised that I would teach her the trick though, so I'll have to spend some time with her. It might be a waste because I have a feeling I'll get Gryffin sauteing scallops before Daisy is rolling over, and boy would that be handy after a tough day for both Liz and I. Daisy has this thing about being on her back, she just doesn't like it. So the training will be difficult because she squirms while she is on her back until she is back on her stomach.

Gryffin should learn "roll over" fairly quickly. Whenever he scratches his back, he squirms around on the ground, so I know he can do it. It's just a matter of time, and probably not that much.

4 comments:

That's awesome! Isn't it funny how some dogs catch on and other ones just want the treats but don't understand what they have to do for the goodies?

The "bang" trick is always a good one. They're so cute with the little paws up in the air. Brynn brought Libbie to school during "pet week" for show and tell and did all of Libbie's obedience stuff in front of the class. They actually did pretty well together, considering the gaggle of kids and a few other dogs distracting Libbie.

Or maybe Liz could teach YOU how to saute scallops! Haha! Cute! How are the birds?

yo, did i give you that orange vt visor??

yep that is the orange visor you gave me. I have two left.