Saturday, March 7, 2009

Frustrated

Almost exactly a month ago, we were finally able to purchase a new DSLR camera. A Nikon D80 to be exact. And as of today we still do not have a camera. Ya know why? Because Amazon.com/J&R Music is stupid. Amazon said it was in stock, but 5 days after ordering I recieved an email from J&R Music (the company it was being sent from), letting me know it was on back-order. I was mad...but instead of getting a refund and buying it somewhere else I decided to stick it out and be patient. After many calls & emails with customer service they could not give me a date when it would be in stock. To my surprise, I found an email today from Amazon saying that my unrequested refund is being processed.

Does anyone know a good place to get a camera?

3 comments:

I've ordered from B&H photo, adorama, mpex, and the cameta store on eBay--all are good and highly recommended in the photog community.

I wouldn't go with ritz/wolf since they are close to being bankrupt.

You can usually get some great deals on demo equipment from cameta--my brother got a d40x for his Europe trip from there.

Dude, B&H rocks. I've also heard great things about Cameta on eBay from photographers in my area. They are supposed to be very trustworthy. And Costco has great prices on some rockin' Nikon kits. You can order them from costco.com as a non-member if you pay an additional 5% (although that would almost make the membership worth the $50) or you can tell me what you want and I'll order it for you and you can send me a check.

I would highly recommend B&H. We've gotten a decent amount of Ashley's gear there and my cousin won't buy anywhere else (he's really into nature photography). Their prices will be fair and they will be reliable.