Thursday, August 18, 2011

Challenge Update: Run Every Day

This has probably been the most fun challenge that I've had. I really like running and being forced to run every day has made me realize that. You know what they say about exercise, that it somehow increases the endorphins in your body giving you a feeling of well-being and happiness. I totally buy that. Every time I walk back in the house I am pumped about having run. Even while sitting on the floor recovering (because I don't want to get our furniture nasty from sweat), I feel like going back out and running some more.

Here are my stats for the month so far:

August Day:Miles:
13.5
21.8
31.2
43.5
51.2
61.2
71.2
81.2
92.7
103.2
111.7
121.2
131.2
147.5
151.2
161.2
174
183
Total:41.7
Average:2.3

The reason for all the 1.2's is because that's the distance around the neighborhood.

I actually was fairly proud of my numbers until I wrote them down here and calculated the total. I'm only averaging 2.3 miles a day? Half of the 18 days were measly 1.2 jaunts around the neighborhood? That's pretty pathetic in my book. I guess the upside is that those are the days I probably wouldn't have run anyway. When the month started, I was actually thinking about trying to beat an average of 3 miles a day. Maybe I can start making it up?

What has been tough is working around my schedule. Most of those short runs were either late at night when I barely had time to run or on days when I had softball and didn't feel like doing more than just a lap around the neighborhood. The downside to running so late at night too is that it's right after dinner, so there were 2 or 3 runs I did on a full stomach. Those runs were rough.

I actually have enjoyed this challenge so much that I think I will continue it into September but up the ante a bit. Lets see if I can run 2 Miles a Day? Now that I think will be a big challenge!


1 comments:

i'm a little surprised you call a 1.2 mile distance a run! ;-)... that's like me calling a 2,000' elevation hike a climb! uda man michael!!!