Monday, January 24, 2011

Things Couldn't Be Going Worse

My life is grand, that's not what I'm blogging about. I'm blogging about my life as a Bengal's fan. Could the offseason be going any worse? Try to script it to be worse. Maybe Maulaga can get a DUI?

The Bengals have had their fair share of bad seasons. Actually they've had enough bad seasons for 4 or 5 teams. But they could not be setting themselves up for a worse season right now. Lets discuss the things that have gone WRONG so far since the last game:

  1. I was rooting for Marvin to stay and get what he wanted out of the Bengals. Turns out he is staying and got absolutely nothing of what he wanted. 
  2. Marvin and Mike Brown have the most ridiculous press conference in the history of the media. So laughable that they are getting crucified by the national media for it. They said almost nothing except Marvin is coming back and some changes in the coaching staff would be made. It was clear all Marvin got was a contract. 
  3. Marvin met with Brad Childress for no reason whatsoever. By the way, they have no coaching spots open at the moment. How's that for instilling confidence in your current staff. 
  4. Chad Ochocinco and Marvin trade negative comments. The latest was today: Marvin Lewis on whether Belichick will go after Ochocinco: "Belichick's smarter than that." I'm totally on Marvin's side of this, but come on. 
  5. Carson asks to be traded or will retire. Mike Brown told Palmer the team wouldn’t trade him because he’s central to its plans. Clearly Carson doesn't want to be a part of those plans, I don't blame him. Mark my words, if Carson leaves, I think there will be a firesale on players, who would honestly want to stay?!?!

All this in only 3 weeks. Happy January 24th.

If this stuff continues, they may soon turn back into the Siberia of the NFL, where players actually put in their contracts that they cannot be traded to the Bengals. It happened in the 90's, no joke. 

One thing I have learned over the last couple weeks is at least not all the Bengals' players are idiots. I love Dhani Jones. So much so that I may get his jersey. I'm not sure I can wear a "C. Johnson" jersey anymore with any amount of pride, not that I had a lot to begin with.


ARG! It's so frustrating.

5 comments:

When you are forced to take sides with the QB who says, "Trade me or I'll retire," it's time to cheer for a different team. The Bungles don't deserve you.

A few things....
1) Marvin's comment about Ocho is one of the best lines I've heard this decade. Hillarious.
2) Dhani is awesome, but don't buy his jersey. Last I heard they werne't going to renew his contract.
3) The Bengals aren't changing any coaches because they don't want to install a new system 1 week prior to the season. The CBA is making Brown think very short-term...trying to attain mediocrity? Not sure?
4) Let Carson go to the Niners. He's a class-act that deserves better. Shouldn't have to put up with people destroying his lawn and with SF's surrounding cast he's good enough to when a playoff game.
5) The Broncos are always willing to take on another fan. We are moving back to orange jerseys in 2012 (not just the special jersey), have a QB who might not be able to throw...but would never leave the field of a conference championship game under his own power, and have one of the best owners in sports. John Fox is coming off a 2-14 year, we traded all our draft picks, defense is both old and bad, but there is hope.

Can I just say...how loyal is my husband that he would spell the word hilarious with two l's? Thanks, babe.

Also, I think his analysis is spot-on. :)

WHAT?! Not renewing Dhani's contract?!?! All I've heard the last two years is how he's been the leader of that defense. That would make me so angry!

I think Carson would do great in SF but I really don't think the Bengals are going to let him go anywhere. I really think the team would implode without him even though he's not that great of a leader in the first place. He's just the only person who has never "wanted out". I feel bad for him though, the situation sucks.

Dude, I'd be very excited about the Broncos if I were you. Does Carolina really think they can do better than John Fox?!? The Broncos got a steal of a deal there! And on top of Fox, playing in orange jersey's should make you better. I mean come on, it's ORANGE! the best color on the planet.

I didn't notice the "Hillarious" reference until you just pointed it out. That is Lizterical. (terrible attempt).

That's Lynncredible!