Saturday, January 8, 2011

Extra Motivation

A while back, I wrote a post called "Operation Reese Cup". In the comments, Lynn suggested that I put a picture of Moose on our fridge because that's essentially who I am aspiring to run like. He's a crazy fast runner who over the last few years went from average joe casual runner (me) to insane Boston-qualifying marathon times.

What an excellent idea Lynn!! I got Moose's approval and he was even gracious enough to send me an email with 3 pictures to choose from. I chose the one with the clearest view of Moose and as a bonus, it had his Boston qualifying time in there as well. So here is a picture I took this morning of our fridge. I apologize if it's blurry, but I took it with my camera phone and I'm in a hurry right now. In fact I'm hurrying to meet up with Moose to run a good ole 13 mile run on single track trails in Umstead Park. Yay!


You can see a little part of it, but just above him is my weight loss chart I am keeping. I'm not quite proud of that enough to post a picture of it. Progress has been slow, although progress is being made and that's all that matters.

Moose said that he wants to take a picture of himself standing in front of his picture on our fridge, and he'll put that picture on his fridge. Sounds like a plan! Maybe I can get a picture of Moose standing in front of his fridge... it's like recursive motivation.

0 comments: