Friday, October 15, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 6

Can we talk about the fact that out of the 10 pickers on the ESPN Analysts page, only Chris Mortensen has a better record than I do? I started slow, but man have I picked it up!! I'm psyched about that.I feel really confident with my picks this week. I'm sad the Bengals aren't playing but it just means I won't get one wrong. It's inevitable that I pick them to win every game, and it's inevitable that they continue to lose.

Expert Picks: ESPN Analysts

Last Week: 9-5

Atlanta @ Philadelphia:Philadelphia
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh
Seattle @ Chicago: Chicago
Miami @ Green Bay: Green Bay
Detroit @ NY Giants: NY Giants
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay: New Orleans
San Diego @ St. Louis: San Diego
Kansas City @ Houston: Kansas City
Baltimore @ New England: New England
Oakland @ San Francisco: San Francisco
NY Jets @ Denver: NY Jets
Dallas @ Minnesota: Minnesota
Indianapolis @ Washington: Inidanapolis
Tennessee @ Jacksonville: Tennessee

Overall Record: 46-30

Quick Thoughts on the Games: 
Although Atlanta is 4-1, they are just barely winning. With a QB that plays decent, Philadelphia is too good for them.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Colt McCoy absolutely obliterate the Steeler defense. I hate the Steelers and their stupid black and gold. Not gonna happen. 

Seattle has won every game at home, and lost every game on the road. I will continue with that thinking.

Is a RB really the only problem Green Bay is having? I can't get a read on Miami though, so home team wins.

Detroits clobbering of St. Louis was impressive, I couldn't decide if that would continue against the Giants. Probably not.

Last year was a fluke for New Orleans, but Tampa Bay isn't THAT good. (yes, I know they beat Cincinnati, we aren't that good either).

It's about time for San Diego to wake up, do some stretching, down a red bull, and be the team they are supposed to be.

100% of the Analysts picked Houston, but WHY?!?! They basically only beat Indianapolis and Oakland. The Redskins lost that game against them, I give Houston no credit. So their only other two games they got shellacked by Dallas and the Giants. I think Kansas City wins this one by at least 10.

I will never pick against New England again, but picking Baltimore was tempting.

San Francisco gets off the schneid. They are not bad enough to lose to Oakland.

Denver is hugely average, (my friend in high school used to ream me for grammatically incorrect statements like that). I'm picking the Jets. What I can't figure out is the reason why the Jets are good? Their defense is good but from what I can tell, their offense should be terrible. Old RB, Sophomore QB, and average WR's. They are defying the odds though because they are lighting up every team.. I just don't see it lasting. But the Jets can get the job done in Denver.

All Minnesota needs is offense. Their first two losses, they held the other teams to just 14.

The question is, which Indianapolis and Washington teams show up? Washington hasn't won a game when the other team scores more than 17 points. Indianapolis has the offense to beat 17. I'm picking Indy.

Tennessee is better than Jacksonville. They win.

0 comments: