Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bengals vs. Panthers Game

A couple weekends ago we went to the Bengals vs. Panthers game. Thank goodness the Bengals won because a 3 hour drive back after a loss in the rain would have been depressing. Instead it was a happy cold. It poured before the game and drizzled throughout the 1st quarter.

Honestly, the Bengals played awful. Carson threw 4 balls right to the hands of the Panthers defensive players and they somehow dropped all of them.Liz was probably getting annoyed at how often I said "OH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!! THAT WAS HORRIBLE!!" I think had the defense caught two of them, it would have been a different game. Bengals pulled it out though, 20-7. Here are some pictures from the game experience.

Getting ready for the game. A Browns fan actually took this picture. I told him I hope the picture comes out, because if I was taking a picture of a Browns or Steelers fan, I would make sure it was fuzzy. 


Lets get ready to rumble!! T.O and Ochocinco walking out of the tunnel for warm-ups.


Palmer #5 and Palmer #9 coming out for the game. Little did Palmer #9 know that he needed many more hours of warm-up. He played AWFUL.


Time for some high-fives. Bringin' the jungle to Charlotte. Before the game, on the street on our way to the stadium, one of the Panthers fans says to Liz and I, "Welcome to the Queen City!" I wasn't sure how to react, mainly because that's what everyone calls Cincinnati. I never knew anywhere else also called the "Queen City". As it turns out, there are a lot of places you can call the Queen City, so we were both right.


I have no idea why they are practicing throwing the ball to Dan Coats. He couldn't catch a cold. Over the years, I have about 5 different plays in mind where the ball hits him square in the mitts, and he drops it. He should practice blocking or sitting instead.



One of my favorite new Bengals players, Tight End Jermaine Gresham catching the ball and running for lots of yards. In the fourth quarter it was dry enough to bust out the camera again. This is starting to be a trend for him, which is awesome. The dude is huge, he can block, and he can catch. Much different from the fool in the picture above who also calls himself a Tight End. 



And on the very next play, Cedric Benson takes it in for a touchdown.


Here is my new favorite Bengals player. Liz and I have dubbed him "Little Dude". Also "Little White Dude" is acceptable. It is Jordan Shipley. He works his tail off, he's crazy fast, he's super smart, and he catches EVERYTHING. Apparently he is just like Wes Welker from New England except a little less flash and dash and a little more bulldoze you over. Unfortunately, a punk from Cleveland knocked him out last week on a cheap play and he's out with a concussion this week. I hope he doesn't have any ill-effects from it. That would be a huge shame. He's a big part of the offense now. I made sure Liz got a picture of him.


Here is Keith Rivers and Carson Palmer talking after the game. I imagine the conversation probably went like this:
Keith: "I did awesome today."
Carson: "Yeah you did, you really saved our butts in this game."
Keith: "For real, what was up with you? If I played for Carolina, I would have had 12 points the other way."
Carson: "Yeah, even my brother could have done better than that... man my hair is messy."


Big thanks again to Jon and Julie for the tickets!! We had an awesome time! When the Bengals play there again in 6 years, I think we'll be sure to get tickets again and maybe stay a night. Charlotte is an awesome city to visit.

0 comments: