Saturday, October 9, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 5

So I have a dilemma regarding last weeks picks. In the top section where I write my picks, I wrote Miami but I fully intended on voting for New England. Then in the comments at the bottom I wrote "I will never pick against New England again." So what do I do? Take what I meant to pick or take what I accidentally picked. I took what I meant to pick, because I did not think Miami would win.

Check out the experts at the link below. There are only 2 experts out of 10 that have gotten more picks right than I have. w00t!!

Expert Picks: ESPN Analysts

Last Week: 10-4

Chicago @ Carolina:Chicago
Tampa Bay @ Cincinnati: Cincinnati
St. Louis @ Detroit: St. Louis
NY Giants @ Houston: Giants
Denver @ Baltimore: Baltimore
Atlanta @ Cleveland: Atlanta
Kansas City @ Indianapolis: Indianapolis
Jacksonville @ Buffalo: Jacksonville
Green Bay @ Washington: Washington
New Orleans @ Arizona: New Orleans
Tennessee @ Dallas: Dallas
San Diego @ Oakland: San Diego
Philadelphia @ San Francisco: Philadelphia
Minnesota @ NY Jets: NY Jets

Overall Record: 37-25

Quick Thoughts on the Games: 
With Cutler out, who knows what Chicago team will show up, but I know which Carolina team will show up. The bad one.

OK, so I thought last week was disappointing, but that word will lose all meaning if Cincinnati falls this week. Disappointing times infinity. They BETTER NOT lose this one.

St. Louis and Detroit is gonna be a close one. Both are improving, but the Rams have Bradford. Liz wants some recognition. I asked her who would win and she also chose St. Louis. Unless they lose, then we shall completely forget this conversation ever happened.

Houston got clobbered at home last time and seem to get in shootouts, I think the Giants will edge them out.

Just to spite Scott, I flipped a coin on the Denver game :). Baltimore's tough to beat, especially at home.


By picking Atlanta, by the transitive property, I am granting that Atlanta is better than Cincinnati. Not sure if I believe that though.

Kansas City is NOT that good. If they beat Indianapolis, all logic goes out the window. Also, I am really tired of typing Indianapolis.

I did not realize Buffalo was that bad or that Jacksonville was decent enough to hang with the Colts.

Washington is full of surprises, I think they are a better team than people give them credit for. Just like McNabb in Philly, he can beat any team on any night.

Who else can New Orleans barely beat by 2-5 points? It'll be Arizona this week.

I can't get a read on Tennessee, so I took Dallas as the home team.

Same goes for San Diego, I just don't know how they'll play. But Oakland is beatable.

Something inside me says to pick San Francisco. I just don't like Kolb, he reminds me of any QB that plays in Buffalo or Seattle.

The Jets are 2 points away from being undefeated.

0 comments: