Saturday, June 5, 2010

Super Double Thrilled

I can't exclaim enough how happy I am right now about my running and weight goals. It's one thing to say you want to accomplish something. It's a whole other thing to do it. This was one goal that I just had to walk the walk on, not just talk the talk.

This morning I went out for an 11.2 mile run and finished in 1:35. My run is basically a 5 mile loop around the Parkwood neighborhood, then the 1.2 mile run around our neighborhood, then the 5 mile loop again. Both 5 mile legs took me 42:30 and the 1.2 mile leg took me 10 minutes. Of course I'm looking to smoke that later, but this morning it was crazy humid, going fast wasn't an option.

But what makes me even more excited is to see my post run weight. I came in, drank about 16 ounces of water, rested for a bit, then went up and showered. I weighed 172.4. Which puts me only 2.4 pounds away from my goal weight. 23.6 pounds lost so far this year. I'm not saying that when I get there I will just stop trying to lose weight cold turkey, but it will no longer be a priority to me. I felt like 170 or lower and I'm perfectly happy and healthy. Anything lower is just icing on my running cake.

Ugh. I'm super double thrilled.

2 comments:

SWEET! glad to hear the plan is coming together! i've seen 179 post workout twice since i've been in estes, but swing between 180 and 183 most days in the morning.

no humidity up here! ;-)... it's been in the hi 50's and 60's at night, 70's and low 80's during the day. almost always a breeze too, so none of that humidity stuff!

can't wait to see the beach trip blog!

You are SUPER DOUBLE AWESOME! Congrats!