Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Have A "Birthday Dessert" Now

Every year, Liz likes to hype the gifts she has for me and she did the same this year. They were awesome and I will certainly enjoy them (a necklace for my Tortuga coconut shell pendant, Ireland and England soccer t-shirts, and some 25 pound weights). But not only did she hype the gifts, she hyped what she said would be my "birthday dessert". I had several guesses, but I didn't really even come close because I had never had it before.

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm very easy to please when it comes to dessert. When I go to a restaurant, and feel like dessert, all I want is a warm/hot brownie with ice cream on top. It's that simple, and it's that awesome. It really can't be beat. Well Liz happened to find a recipe online for a "Chocolate Cobbler" and she was pretty much right on target when she thought I might like that. So last night she made it and oh... my... gosh was it amazing! I had seconds it was so good. Here's a pic with the ice cream in the background we put on top:


It's got a gooey bottom made of chocolate syrup type stuff and then the top was a chocolate cake type taste. This will now be named my "Birthday Dessert". So ridiculously good, it would please me to have this every year.

Thanks Liz!

"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands -- and then eat just one of the pieces." - Judith Viorst

0 comments: