Friday, May 28, 2010

Devious Wife

I came home from softball last night and Liz had dinner ready to go. She made caesar salad, pork chops, rice, and some rolls. I finished my salad, and then started eating the rest of it and Liz says this:

Liz: "How was the salad?"
Me: "Good... normal, you've made caesar salad before."
Liz: "Well I just wanted to say congratulations, you just had your first item from the garden."
Me: "... That was butter crunch lettuce?!? It tasted the same as romaine!"

She didn't want to tell me beforehand because she knows I was nervous about just how much dirt was caked all over the lettuce and all the vegetables for that matter. She reassured me that she washed it thoroughly before cutting it up.

It was a devious plan, but it totally worked. I can't wait for the peppers!! There are a TON of banana peppers very close to being ready for picking.

2 comments:

Well, you *did* say you wanted to better craft your blog post titles to attract more hits. You'll be happy to know that your reference to Liz is now the first thing that comes up in a google search for "devious wife". Congrats! I think.

I just did a search for devious wife and I'm pretty sure some inappropriate stuff came up...

Glad to hear your garden is doing well!