Thursday, November 18, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 11

Seems like this is all the blog has come to nowadays, hasn't it? Just football stuff... sooner or later I'm going to lose my 3 readers :).

YAY! No more bye weeks! Finally get to pick all the teams again!

Expert Picks: ESPN Analysts

Last Week: 7-7

Chicago @ Miami:Chicago
Oakland @ Pittsburgh: Oakland
Cleveland @ Jacksonville: Cleveland
Washington @ Tennessee: Washington
Houston @ NY Jets: NY Jets
Baltimore @ Carolina: Baltimore
Green Bay @ Minnesota: Green Bay
Arizona @ Kansas City: Kansas City
Detroit @ Dallas: Dallas
Buffalo @ Cincinnati: Cincinnati
Seattle @ New Orleans: Seattle
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco: Tampa Bay
Atlanta @ St. Louis: Atlanta
Indianapolis @ New England: New England
NY Giants @ Philadelphia: Philadelphia
Denver @ San Diego: Denver

Overall Record: 86-58

Quick Thoughts on the Games: 
If Miami beats Chicago with Tyler Thigpen, I might completely give up, holy crap.

I can't believe I'm taking Oakland over Pittsburgh... that might be dumb... but then again I would have called Dallas over NY dumb last week.

If the game were in Cleveland, I EASILY would have picked the Browns, but since it's in Jacksonville, I'm BARELY picking the Browns. This one's for you Jake. Now watch them lose cuz I picked them. Sorry.

I don't know how the Redskins got so lit up last week. But at least their offense looked really good. Tennessee is beatable, looks like they've lost 4 total so far.

Houston has got to be so close to throwing in the towel, lost 3 in a row... and all their losses are to sub-500 teams... ouch.

From stay-at-home Dad last week to starting QB this week... gotta love a cinderella stor... I can't do it, Brian St. Pierre is going to get LAMBASTED against Baltimore. My theory is they care so much about Tony Pike that they aren't willing to throw him to the wolves. This is the easiest pick of the week, without a doubt.

Wait, Green Bay is playing Minnesota this week and I haven't heard the name Favre yet... is the world imploding? There's no other explanation.

KC is 4-0 at home and Arizona is 1-4 on the road, what other choice is there?

I think Dallas has a fire under them... they'll finish 6-10 at least. Also, Dallas comes before Detroit alphabetically so...

OK Cincinnati, I know you want the #1 pick in the draft and all, but for the love of Pete, of all the teams to lose to, please let it not be Buffalo. Also the game is blacked out in the Cincinnati area, what does that tell you?!?! About time for some change.

Don't know why I'm picking Seattle, maybe cuz the Saints let the Browns come to town and ROMP them. Bush Smush, he won't make a difference. Have you ever broken your fibula? Neither have I, but it's GOTTA hurt.

For 1 week I believed in San Fran... I believe no longer.

Atlanta is starting to impress me. If they lose to the Rams, I'm no longer impressed. I bet they'd love to have another shot at Pittsburgh!

Indianapolis was +5 (5 to 0) in the turnover margin this past week against Cincinnati and they STILL were about to lose if Cincy could put 1 drive of 40 yards together at the end of the game. They are not as good as 6-3. I'm easily picking New England.

Philadelphia is a trendy pick this week I'm sure, but did you see their 59 points? That was literally like watching a 350 pound bouncer named Robert Rath slap a baby for his rattle. Baby just rolled over and cried really loud. I bet Vick gets a standing ovation in Philly.

Scott, what is going on in Denver?!? 14-59 and then 49-29. This might be dumb, but I'm picking Denver.

3 comments:

We'll find out what's going on w/the Broncos on Monday Night. If they win, I think they could win-out. If not, they may lose-out.

it totally feels that way. they seem to be pretty good but just aren't putting it together.

Well i HOPE Dallas wins...