Thursday, November 4, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 9

Coming home today I thought, "I'm going to blog about either movies or football tonight." What an awesome choice to have.

Now Schlerth AND Mortensen are beating me in the weekly picks. ARG! I will make a comeback, they have some stupid picks this week. Like choosing Buffalo to win. Do they know something I don't know?? Funny thing about last week's picks, I ended up having the same exact choices are Merril Hoge.

Football seems so logical but then craziness happens. Like New Orleans beating the Steelers, Green Bay beating the Jets at home, Jacksonville beating Dallas at home, and Cincinnati losing... no wait... some things stay the same. I will be picking realistically for Cincinnati from here on out. No more homer picks.

I have been feeling guilty lately about picking only the teams that I feel are favored. So I looked it up. For this week I have 9 picks for the Favorite and 4 for the Underdog. Last week I picked 2 (out of 13) Underdogs, and in week 7 I picked 6 (out of 14) Underdogs. So I guess I'm not too bad about doing it. The favored teams are favored for a reason! I looked up what my record would be if I picked based just on favorites, for week 7 it would be 8-6 and week 8 it would be 9-4. So I guess it wouldn't help THAT much, seems like a wash.

Expert Picks: ESPN Analysts

Last Week: 7-6

San Diego @ Houston:Houston
Arizona @ Minnesota: Minnesota
New Orleans @ Carolina: New Orleans
New England @ Cleveland: New England
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta: Tampa Bay
Chicago @ Buffalo: Chicago
Miami @ Baltimore: Baltimore
NY Jets @ Detroit: NY Jets
NY Giants @ Seattle: Seattle
Indianapolis @ Philadelphia: Indianapolis
Kansas City @ Oakland: Oakland
Dallas @ Green Bay: Green Bay
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati: Pittsburgh

Overall Record: 71-46

Quick Thoughts on the Games: 
San Diego/Houston is the toughest game to pick for this week. I'm just going with the fact that San Diego is 0-4 on the road this year.

How did Arizona win 3 games? How has Minnesota lost 5?

In a 3 week span, you CANNOT lose to Cleveland, beat Pittsburgh, and lose to Carolina. You just can't. I'm picking New Orleans.

I think Cleveland will put up a fight, but New England will edge them out.

I'm starting to believe Tampa Bay may be decent. Did I just say that?

I really REALLY want to pick Buffalo, but somehow going against the momentum of an 0-7 team feels wrong.

Baltimore is NOT the powerhouse it used to be, but at home I think it can beat Miami. Also, how is Miami 4-3? That's the kind of team that has mostly awful players (except Marshall) and is winning still. Henne is your QB and you're winning??

The Jets have got to be furious about their 9-0 baseball score last week. I think Detroit is becoming a decent team, but the Jets have just got to be too angry right now.

Have you seen Seattle play at home?!? It's like they're good! Also NY has to go cross country, not easy.

So Vick is back playing for Philly. This is a tough choice, I just get the feeling Indy looks better with a 6-2 next to their name than they do with a 5-3 there.

Oakland is on FIRE. In the last two games combined they have scored 92 points and given up 17. There's something to be said for momentum, the train's rolling.

Dallas is done, Green Bay wins by default. I had to look it up, Green Bay is the most heavily favored team to win according to Vegas. The spread is -7.5.

It pains me to say this, but Cincinnati has no right being on Monday Night Football. Pittsburgh, and every Super Bowl player on their team, is used to primetime. I think Pittsburgh wins ... 30-17. Sounds about right.

0 comments: