Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Year's Resolution Update

Well the new year's resolutions are not off to a great start. I have quit two of them already.

Here are the 4 and how I'm doing:

  1. Sell something made of wood. I already have several people who have said they want to buy a wooden cross from me so I am confident that this resolution will be accomplished no problem. Because of the frigid temperatures, I have not been able to do any wood working in the garage yet so this resolution is somewhat on hold. But once it warms up, I will be out there working away on some projects.

  2. Run 1000 miles. I ran 108 miles in January and am up to 131 miles as of today. The training will only get harder and harder along the way so the miles will add up quickly!! I'm excited about that. Also I have lost 9 pounds since the new year, so that is sweet as well.

  3. Do not eat a combo meal. Sometimes you want fries and you want a drink and it makes no sense to not get both for a better deal.

    One day Liz was heading out to Captain D's to pick something up for dinner. Captain D's is basically Long John Silvers and it's delicious. We love the "Giant Fish Sandwich". It is two huge pieces of fish in a sandwich, it's so good. Well I told her "if you can get me fries and a drink that'd be great!" So Liz comes home and says "I told the guy 'a giant fish sandwich, medium fries and medium coke' and he said 'would you like the combo?' and I have never felt more stupid as to say 'no'." She said the guy asked her "you know it's cheaper right?" and Liz said "I know, but I don't want the combo."

    So that pretty much broke the camels back. I have gotten some combo meals but I am down 9 pounds so I don't care as much. :)

  4. No TV Mondays. We found that the only thing to do when it got dark, outside of TV and Movies, is to read. You can only read so much. Then I started to realize that Liza would get furious this Summer if we turned off the TV once a week for a whole day. Resolutions are meant to cause a change not to make you miserable. I want to get better at wood working, I want to get better at running, but there's really no reason to just deprive myself of TV for no reason. It's not like next year I will be not watching TV on Mondays. Last years "no coke" resolution has genuinely changed my craving for soda. It's not as strong anymore. No TV Mondays would have stunk and really for very little reason.

2 comments:

Monday could be game night :) Or clean the house night :)

I agree - it's really hard in the winter when it get's dark so early to not sit and watch a couple hours of TV.

monday could be catch up on morales' blog night too... it's like reading but better...