Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crazy Quotes

I feel like today I have heard or read so many crazy quotes, that I had to share them. Also I have a few comments about each.

Some commercial on the radio this morning:
"I am a victim of predatory lending."
This was a woman who hadn't lost her job or had any trouble other than just making the payments on her house. What a convenient time to be a victim. Made me throw up my arms and say "gimme a break!" Can someone please take responsibility for being stupid?

A *HEADLINE* on Fox News while I was running:
"Are We on the Road to Communism?"
Are you freaking kidding me? Also... that doesn't sound like news.

A cnn.com news article link:
"Southwest warned pilots of Buffalo issues"
I don't mean to make light of the situation, but my imagination just ran wild.

Liz at dinner:
"You're only 27... wait... you are, aren't you?"
Love you too.

Liz on the way home from dinner:
"Oh man! I should have gotten a banana... wait... why did I say banana? I meant Root Beer."
Is there an "on" button I can push?

Our conversation on the way home from dinner:
Me: It just doesn't hit the spot.
Liz: Well it hits my spot.
Me: Nice.

1 comments:

I am so embarrassed. Just to clarify, in the first quote I was talking about banana and root beer flavored Dum Dums. Not that it makes a difference, but I thought the context would make little more sense why the two are related.