Thursday, January 1, 2009

One More Resolution

So I realized I forgot one more resolution, so instead of just adding it to a previous post, I thought I would make a new post so that everyone can be like "oh, he blogged again" instead of not noticing at all (cuz it's that important).

The 4th resolution is "No TV Monday's". This is going to be crazy hard because I will be the first one to admit, I am pathetically obsessed with television. If I spent as much time wood working as I do watching TV, our house would have more rich mahogany furniture than Ron Burgundy's house. I watch too many shows and there are far too many shows I'm already not watching that I would enjoy watching. So to curb that obsession and make time for my other resolutions, I think it would be awesome if one day a week we went without the TV.

I love Liz's comment to this resolution... "I guess I automatically have no choice but to inherit this resolution then." Our compromise was to do it Monday instead of the day I originally picked (Wednesday) because Lost is coming back on TV. How wrong is it that I had to negotiate the day of this resolution based on our TV schedule, when the resolution is to not base every day our lives on a TV schedule. But I think Liz is OK with this, because she is always wanting to read more, and do other things than watch TV so I think she'll really enjoy this resolution as well.

One more thing, she told me I need more blogs with pictures, because they are too "pictureless", so because I have no pictures for this blog, I looked up the word "pictureless" in Google Images and this picture came up... I don't know if this is necessary, but Stephen Colbert reserves all rights probably.

0 comments: