Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Nice Little Friday

Yesterday was an awesome day. It started at work, granted, but I took a half day and met Liz for lunch. We enjoyed our lunch outside on a restaurant patio and then came home where I gave Liz the opportunity to take a long nap.

It has been 2 days since Liz's Mom left, and she has been completely alone with Cole. He sleeps well at night, better than to be expected, but even that is difficult for anyone to handle. Not getting long night sleeps does take it's toll. So I came home at lunch with them and took Cole while Liz slept. He and I snuggled on the couch until he fell asleep, giving Liz about a 3 hour nap. During that time I was also able to read 50 pages in my book, A Clash of Kings, which was awesome as well. So we all got what we wanted!

In the evening Liz cooked her first home cooked meal in weeks, veggie tacos. Because afterall, "when Mom gets sleep, the whole family benefits". We then took a walk around the neighborhood and watched a little TV before bed. Here are our pictures of the day:



Incidentally, Cole is seriously the loudest yawner/stretcher I've ever heard. People don't need to amplify their bodily functions, and yawning is included in that. I tend to think you shouldn't vocalize your yawns unless you intend on making it a topic of conversation. Like following it up with "*YAWN* I AM SO TIRED!" But Cole loves to grunt and moan while doing his yawn/stretch, and he makes it super cute too. He's also very timely, there he goes again.

It's going to be a pretty awesome Saturday too. We're hanging out with our friends Jon, Julie, and Ethan.

0 comments: