Thursday, June 16, 2011

Best Game Ever

Well ever since we (more appropriately, I) ruined our cabinets, Liz and I have started a little game. It's called, "which cabinet did you ruin today?" Every time I'm in the kitchen now, I pull off a piece of laminate from the kitchen cabinets. The other day I came home from work and just cracked up laughing because Liz had pulled a major piece off of a lower cabinet. This slow-processed-renovation is turning out to be awesome. Check out Liz's handy work:



I can't recall who did this one, I think it was me:


I think this one was Liz: 


Now all those little pieces of laminate that used to annoy me, instead of avoiding them, when I pull out a drawer or cabinet door, I use a lot of force and hold on tight! This is a really fun game because the normal operating procedure is to be careful with delicate things like laminate cabinets pealing. That's not how it is anymore bub! Here's completed the work on these two cabinets.


This is actually super exciting because I really believe that after we get all the pealing laminate crap off the doors and drawers, we'll be able to paint these cabinets white and make them look very very nice. It's crazy how easy the laminate peals off. All you need is a putty knife and a few minutes of your time. Although all this destruction and renovation may motivate us to get new countertops. One step at a time though because like I said, I don't really care what things look like.

0 comments: