Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gardening Rocks

Seriously. When I decided to take on this little project this summer, I wasn't sure how I'd do. Sure, I was excited about eating things from the backyard, but that's about it. But now I realize it is so much more than that. It's AWESOME to see things grow! Things that were just little plants, or even seeds are now showing signs of food! How cool is that? I go out to see the garden multiple times a day...just to check in. I'll put on my gardening shoes and head out the back door and Michael will say, "tell them I say hi".

Remember this picture? It was taken at the beginning of my gardening adventure:


Now look! This is about 6 weeks apart and there is so much progress!


In fact, I have been meaning to blog about the garden this past weekend. So friday night I went out to take pictures and then lazily kept them on my camera and spent time doing non-blogging things. When I went to post this today I realized I had to go back out and take new pictures because everything got bigger since Friday.

This little banana pepper was just sprouting out of it's flower on Friday:


And now look at it! It even has a friend.


Just a few other highlights...check out the zucchini plants. These were the seeds that popped out the ground first a few weeks ago and they are almost ready to blossom with flowers...I can see them coming!



All of the tomato plants are doing wonderfully, but the front runner is definitely the Sweet 100 Cherries. I am yelling at them to turn red already so I can eat them!



And the roma tomatoes:


And the Big Boys...which aren't big at all compared to the other two types:


Doesn't this cute little curl on the pumpkin plants remind you of Cinderella?

Hmm...maybe that's just me?

3 comments:

Congrats, your garden is soo impressive! Our first sweet 100 tomato turned from orange to red today, so we'll probably pick them tomorrow.

Woohoo! I love it! So jealous that you live in such a great gardening climate. In Colorado, I wouldn't even put tomatoes in the ground yet. :(

I'm so glad you posted this...I was getting antsy waiting to see how your garden is growing! Thanks for the update.

our gardening season just ended! we just finished our last crop of tomatoes. i left a few out on the vine to see if i can get them "sun dried" :)