Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's In Your Wallet?

On occasion, I get the motivation to go through my wallet to get rid of the cards and papers and stuff that are worthless and not necessary to carry around. When it comes to some things in my life, I use a very uptight method of organization. Like in my closet, my clothes are organized by type and then organized together by color from there. All the clothes in my dresser are organized that way too. I don't know why I do that, but my wallet is just as uptight. I organize all my important cards in the same place and keep everything in order.

So when cleaning out my wallet, it got me thinking during the organizing, what is the most important things in here? If I were to rank them from most important to least important, what would the order be.

I don't know why this is blog worthy and it's probably one of the most boring posts I've ever made, but here is my list from most important card to least important card in my wallet. They were close calls and there were a few tough decisions. The ranking was based on importance of card, frequency of use, how long I've had the card, how easy it would be to replace, and how panicked I would be if I couldn't find that particular card. Here's the order:

  1. Bank Debit Card
  2. Red Cross Donor Card
  3. NC License
  4. AAA Member Card
  5. Library Card
  6. Health Insurance Card
  7. Flying Saucer U.F.O Member Card
  8. Blockbuster Member Card
  9. Regal Crown Member Card (for movies)
  10. True Value Hardware Member Card
  11. Magens Bay Beach, St. Thomas, Admission Ticket (from 2003)
  12. Frankie's Fun Money Card (thousands and thousands of tickets on it)
  13. Rita's Ice Custard Cool Card (5 stamps out of 10 possible stamps)
  14. Quizno's Gift Card ($6 on it I think?)
  15. Shell Gas Gift Card ($5)
#11 is there because the admission ticket has a beautiful picture of the bay on it and it's always nice to see that when I open my wallet. Also it was one of the nicest beaches I've ever been to. The bay was so calm and the water so clear. You could go out 100 yards into the bay where the buoys are and dive down to the soft sand below. I am going to keep the admission ticket in there until the next time I go back.

I kinda want someone to ask, "why no credit cards?" ... oh the brain explosions that would occur. Here is one of the links I would post in response: What does Dave Ramsey say about Credit Cards?

2 comments:

I think this is great actually. Just looked through my wallet and it's pretty bare bones, although really my wallet is more of a billfold than a full sized wallet. License, debit card, credit card, insurance cards and a sbux gift card.

Absolutely no questions regarding the lack of a credit card. Debit card can get the job done w/o a problem.

I'd keep the Magen's Bay ticket, too. I've been there three times and would LOVE to go back again!