Monday, June 29, 2009

You Can Just Call Me Henry Ford...

With the way I'm droppin dem houses.... or something like that. I think I got that line from a song, but I can't remember where. So I may not be building the Model T, but I am using a production line the same way.

I can't exclaim the difference in how I feel while using a workbench. It's UNREAL! I could have stayed outside but I came in to watch .... a show. It's 'The Bachelorette' OK? I said it.

In just about two hours work I got 6 birdhouses basically done and just 4 more to go. Not too bad of a night I'd say! The wood laying down with the holes in it is the backing and I just pick up the sides and bottom that I made and screw the back into them. It makes things go so fast. Here are some pictures of production line. Can I just say one more time how amazing using a workbench is...



And then I have to share this picture. I asked Liz to take pictures of the progress. She couldn't resist going artsy on me with her fancy camera, and I must say, this is definitely a good picture:

I'm hoping to have them mostly done by the time my parents get here on Wednesday. We'll see if I can make it!

3 comments:

They look awesome. Great work! Can we buy one from you when we get back next summer? Do we even have the right kind of birds here in Colorado?

Lazy Sunday: "You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons"?

Nice work on the houses, dude.

I'm interested in hearing a blog about the batchelorette. Just what is michaels opinion on the guys jillian has left??????

~Annie :)