Sunday, June 28, 2009

Productive Weekend

The rest of my weekend, after the beach day, was going to be dedicated to building a workbench and starting on building the 10 birdhouses. I accomplished just that.

Saturday we woke up and went to Lowe's to load up on wood. I got the workbench framing done on Saturday and I could have done more but my phillips head bit broke. That delayed me until Sunday when I finished the workbench and then started on the birdhouses. I have all the wood for the houses cut and ready to go. The only thing left to do is put them together. It shouldn't be more than a couple hours of work.

What's amazing is that I no longer have to bend over to do the work on our coffee table. I actually felt like cutting the wood for the houses went 10 times faster because it. My productivity in the garage should go through the roof. I didn't need to take any breaks to stretch my back out. I didn't have to sit on a stool while working. I have much more room to work. And I didn't need to bend down to pick up any tools. Here's the workbench:

A few notes. The table top is thin so I can clamp things to it. If it was thick like the second and third shelves then I wouldn't be able to clamp anything. The wood stacked on top are the sides to the birdhouses. The bottom two shelves will hold wood and different tools depending on how I want to organize things.

Again, if you are interested in a birdhouse, let me know.

1 comments:

look at you...finally getting back to blogging...