Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weeks Worth of Updates

I am not feeling very wordy so this may be a short blog. I apologize. So we had a garage sale on June 28th. It was incredibly successful. I woke up at 4AM and started setting things up and Matt and Meg came over as well as Andrius and Kristin. So we had 3 families worth of stuff but we were not very hopeful. We kept having conversations like this before anyone arrived:

"I think I'll start it at 10 dollars and then bring it down as the day progresses."

"Yeah, but you are assuming that we have people here that care."

But somehow, someway, at 7AM sharp people started coming. We had a constant flow of people from 7AM until 11AM and then it went down from there. All in all the 3 families made $600 and we came away with about $200. We still have a considerable amount left though so we'll either save it for another sale or donate it to Goodwill. Here is a few pictures:

and then the day wound down...

and the dogs participation:


After the garage sale we went to the pool. Liza loves the pool so here is a picture of that:


This past weekend we went to Pawleys Island and that was a blast. It was amazing because we were camped out both days on the part of the beach where the marshland meets the ocean so during high tide the water flowed toward the marsh and during low tide the water flowed toward the ocean. So the whole time there was this flow of water we could hop into and float down. It was really enjoyable.

One funny story, Gryffin really won my heart this weekend. Jon and I took Dewey and Gryffin over to the flowing water because Gryffin showed interest in water and Dewey loves swimming in water. When we got there we realized the water was too strong for Gryffin so we just waded a bit. I then said to Jon "I bet I could swim upstream against the water" and he responds "I'll give you 5 bucks if you can for 30 seconds." So I handed him Gryffin and hopped in and started swimming. I made it for a good 15 seconds when all of a sudden Gryffin jumped in to save me. Or at least that's the way I like to think of it. He was just floating on down the river making no progress whatsoever. But it was so cute to see his little paws doggie paddling as fast as possible. He could float so that was at least something. I immediately stopped and grabbed him and helped him back to shore. But he really won me over with his effort to try and save me.

Here are our favorite pictures and then the photo album of the weekend. If you click the album, it will take you to the pictures:








http://picasaweb.google.com/EMDickman/4thOfJuly

I apologize we haven't blogged about Liza in a while. I am a bit disgruntled with her right now and her attitude about... hmm... pretty much everything. I will try and blog the next time she is sweet so it's not so negative.

1 comments:

I love that new title picture you posted on the page with the chairs under the names and the pups on the clear portion, very creative! Sounds like you all are having a great time too :)