Monday, January 14, 2008

Resolutions Update

So I heard on the radio the other day that 80% of people give up on New Year's Resolutions by January 14th. So I thought I would update anyone who cares on how Liz and I are doing.

Liz
1. Still hasn't had any carbonated drinks. She is having a very easy time with this and apparently it will be a year long accomplishment.

2. She has gone to the gym at least 3 times a week since the beginning of the year. I realize it has only been 2 weeks but I think she is really enjoying it. Every time she comes home she tells me about how much further or longer she ran than the last time she went. She'll keep it up without any trouble.

Michael
1. I am having a harder time with the no carbonated drinks goal. I haven't had any but there are 5 cans of coke in our fridge and that is *killing* me. I tried to strike a bargain with Liz so that when we fly to Colorado in March, if we aren't actually on the ground then having a coke on the flight doesn't count at all. Apparently when you are 30,000 feet in the air, resolutions still count... nuts...

2. I haven't started on any of the wood projects although one of my other resolutions needs to be done first in order for this goal to be achieved.

3. We're working on the word "ramp". We tried a while back to make her learn "go to the ramp" and "down the ramp" but since Thanksgiving she has completely disregarded the ramp because she learned she is big enough to jump on the furniture. But just the word "ramp" in general is what we're trying. We're also gonna try and teach her "shake" but she has no clue what we're doing when we take her hand and move it up and down. In fact, after she eats her treat, she nibbles our hand to stop.

4. The bead board is getting done. I have the base boards installed and most of the bead board up but just have to manage to navigate it around the windows. Then I'll put up the chair rails. I really *really* screwed up on one of the joints so I'm hoping that we can cover it with caulk and paint. As far as the deck and garage go, I haven't started. The deck might be a priority since it's in plain view of everyone, but the garage needs to be fixed so we can park in it and I can continue on wood projects.

0 comments: