Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fail Month - Update #1

In my previous post, I created the challenge of every single day, just once a day, doing push-ups and the plank until I couldn't do them anymore. Sounds like I got Jake, John and Justin to join me in the challenge which is awesome. John dubbed it "Fail Month", which I like, so I commandeered it. It's also nice to find any practical way to use the term "commandeer".

Here are my numbers so far:

Push-upsPlank
02/0125
02/0230:54
02/0333:55
02/04331:09
02/05351:11
02/06321:17


I'm the kind of person that can't stand not making progress. So today I wasn't happy when I reached 32 and couldn't push up off the ground after that. I'm probably just tired from the every day challenge, but it would be nice to see a steady incline of numbers.

I am thrilled with my planks so far. Today it wasn't very difficult at all until after a minute. I remember on the first day I was shaking like crazy from the start. Now it's not so bad.

I still don't think Mike's prediction of being able to do 100 push-ups is going to happen. I'd love to just hit 50 once. That's about as high as my expectations will go.

0 comments: