Saturday, December 27, 2008

2008 New Years Resolutions Update

So as I said last year, I take New Year's Resolutions seriously. Before I declare what our resolutions for 2009 will be, I thought I would put out an end of the year update on how our resolutions for 2008 went.

Liz:
1. To go as long as possible without drinking a carbonated beverage. Liz successfully accomplished this goal and set a new record for herself. This year she has not had a soda yet. It doesn't seem like this was very difficult for her. She never really had a desire to break on this goal.

2. There are two goals in this resolution because they go hand in hand. One is to not gain any weight and the other is to go to the gym AT LEAST twice a week. She accomplished half of this goal as she did not gain any weight this year. But her goal of going to the gym at least twice a week ended around the end of January. Her new job really ruined this resolution because she wasn't leaving work until 5:30 and that's just too late to go to the gym and then come home and have a time to do anything until she has to go to bed again. I'd have to say she succeeded on her second resolution because the reason for the gym was to not gain weight, but she didn't gain any way so it didn't matter.

Michael:
1. My first goal is the same as Liz's first goal, not to drink any sodas. This was really difficult for me because I LOVE soda, but I can honestly say I succeeded on this goal. There were many times where I was going to break. I think we relied a little too heavily on lemonade and hi-c because that's the only other thing served at restaurants that isn't water or soda. I am really looking forward to a Coke at the stroke of midnight on January 1st.

2. To build at least 4 wood projects this year. I'll be honest, I completely forgot about all my other resolutions after the first one, but believe it or not I have accomplished this goal. I built the shelf for Liz for Christmas, I made a cross for my Secret Santa this year, and then I made two more things and I am not revealing what those are until I am done with them. One of them is for my Secret Santa and the other one I am going to sell (they are identical). My resolutions for next year really revolve around my wood working so you'll hear more about this.

3. Teach Daisy 4 new tricks. This one I completely failed at. The reason is we got Gryffin, I blame it on the second dog. So I guess you could say, Daisy is dumber because of Gryffin.

4. The last resolution is to finish the projects that I started or intended to start around the house. They include finishing the deck, finishing the bead board around the blue bedroom upstairs and putting up peg board in the garage for better organization. I finished 2 out of the 3 projects. I have already blogged about the bead board in the bedroom and the finished deck, but I never got around to organizing the garage. If I was to make an excuse, it would be our budgeting, we just never set any money aside to do this, and getting peg board is expensive.

I will blog in a few days about what our resolutions for 2009 will be, needless to say I am very excited about them.

0 comments: