Friday, November 14, 2008

What Happens in Vegas, Goes on the Blog

So most everyone knows we are going to Las Vegas this weekend. For anyone who didn't know, Liz's company has a conference there and she has to work from Sunday through Thursday. So I am tagging along and going to be an ultra-tourist while we are there. We are flying out on Saturday and I will be back Wednesday night and Liz will be back Thursday night.

The last time I went to Las Vegas I was probably 12 years old. I have been there twice but Las Vegas to a 12 year old is not the same as Las Vegas to a 27 year old. A hotel is just a hotel to a 12 year old... but I think I will appreciate the beauty a lot more at my age.

Every time I have said to someone that I am going to Las Vegas they give me a nudge and say "NICE! You gonna gamble??! Liz has to work??!? Then what are you going to do?!?" Well that gave me a brilliant idea. Throw the "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" mantra out the window and I have declared this trip to be named "What happens in Vegas, goes on the Blog". There are some other mantra's I thought of using for naming this trip. Here are some examples:

Vegas on a Budget
Vegas without the Gambling
Vegas the Non-Creepy Guy Way
Vegas as Cheap as Possible
Fun Minus Craziness Minus Gambling = Our Vegas Trip

I used the word cheap and on a budget there. Since Liz is going for work, her company is paying for her flight, hotel and most travel expenses as well as food. So basically she is taking a free trip for work and I am going to be bumming off of her. Back in July I volunteered to fly to NY with the Belarussian kids to help them get on their flight to Kiev. My flight got cancelled and I ended up with a free flight. Not so free when you have to pay $150 to change the plans, but I am using that for the trip to Vegas. That means so far this trip has cost us a whopping total of $150. I am going to try and continuet that theme while we are there. I hear it's tough to do.

I may gamble at penny slot machines or dime blackjack or something cheap, but I am not about to gamble $50 away and laugh like it was fun and enjoyable. That's just not me.

So every day I am going to be blogging about what I did that day, with pictures and everything. Hopefully it should be awesome. I hope to have a TON of stories but at the very least I should be able to see some really cool hotels. I am mostly excited about seeing the classics like The Mirage, Treasure Island, Circus Circus, and Excalibur. I also can't wait to tour the hotels that have been built since I went there. That includes The Luxor, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, and I'm sure many many others.

So look for daily blog posts. We are super excited about the trip!!

2 comments:

Where are my updates?! I can't live vicariously through you if there are no updates!

how did finding dime blackjack tables go for you?