Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

I swear I will post about the marathon trip sometime soon but times are busy busy busy.

Tonight for Halloween I am putting on my Chad Johnson Bengals Jersey... you must be thinking "oh so you're dressing up as a Bengals player"... no I am not, I am going to be a Pathetic Loser for Halloween, capital P capital L.

And one more thing, just had a funny conversation with Liz, she is in the other room reading and I am sitting in the kitchen, so we can't see each other right now:

Me: Hey I'm changing a player on your fantasy team for the weekend.
Liz: My team is fine, who are you changing?!?!
Me: Believe me, you want to make this change.
Liz: We play each other, how do I know I can trust you?
Me: I'm putting in a player who is projected to get 17 points and taking out a player who is projected to get 7 points.
Liz: What are the players?
Me: Matt Forte and Dominic Rhodes.
Liz: Ok... fine.
Me: Forte is playing the worst team in the NFL, he'll do well.
Liz: He's playing the Bengals?
Me: NO!! DETROIT!! HEEEEEYYY!!!

She's right though... Detroit/Cincinnati, it'd be a toss up on who's worse.

2 comments:

You'd better write a big fat L on your forehead so that people know you know that the Bengals are pathetic losers. It would be sad if someone thought you were still a fan...

:)

I apologize for Hillary's insensitive comment. Not sure if you are fans anymore or not, but if you are you have my admiration. In fact, I'm proud that I stuck through many 2-14 seasons. In the back of my mind I always thought going through miserable seasons would make it more special when they won the Super Bowl. But....this year at halftime of week #1 I made the decision that life is to short to root for bad franchises. We went to BW3s and our bill after the 2nd quarter was very close to the number of yards the Bengals had made to that point. I made the decision then and there that $1 a yard wasn't worth it. Go Broncos!