Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update In Da House

Here it is Saturday morning and I am awake and blogging at 7AM. What did we do last night? We were up until 2 AM with friends just hanging out and talking. Why am I awake? The dogs barely sleep at night, so how can I? Liz sleeps through everything and I can't blame her, if I could, I would too. I can't even recall how it feels to sleep past 9. I think since we got Daisy, I've done that just once. Which reminds me, we have now had Daisy one full year. I took her to the vet this week and she's as healthy as a horse... or dog.

So what's going on around here? I think the biggest thing is the deck railings. Here is the progress so far:




It might look like the posts are not level but I have made some adjustments and they are all as close to level as I can get them... I don't know if those adjustments were before or after these pictures though. So the things left to do are putting a post in the far right corner near the house and putting the two (or three) posts on the stairs. Then comes the 2x4 connections where you can see the notches, then ballisters, then railings and post caps. Unfortunately, even that won't complete the deck because I still want to put lattice around the bottom and then plant bushes around the deck.

What else is going on around here? Kidstuf started last Sunday and my first performance is tomorrow. I honestly have to say, the production is awfully heavy with a full dose of me. I am in 3 scenes and I think there are only 4 or 5. It should be a lot of fun as long as I can remember my lines and don't get nevous.

Liz is spending more time at choir these days because they are practicing for the Christmas Cantata. It's the reason she joined the choir so I'm sure she is enjoying it.

The Fall soccer season started up a couple weeks ago. I'm sorry to say I am not as thrilled about it as a should be. It is getting in the way of running and for some reason I just don't have the same excitement as previous years. So far Liz and my co-rec team is 2-1 and my men's team is 2-0-1. We always battle with one other team in the league and we tied this week 0-0.

I didn't feel like writing a lot today so I will end the post with some cute pictures.




0 comments: