Saturday, September 6, 2008

Orange and Black

I have decided that October is my favorite month of the year. Fall is turning to winter, the hot air that might have lingered during September is gone and all you get is the first feeling of cool temperatures. It is the month right before all the holidays start. It is filled from beginning to end with Football. Baseball and it's inclusion of the miserable Reds comes to an end. It also hosts my favorite holiday, Halloween.


When you think of October, you think Halloween. I have absolutely no idea why Halloween is my favorite holiday. It makes no sense. I don't like dressing up for anything with a costume. I don't like being scared. I don't like people knocking on our front door. I don't like socializing with people I don't know, even though I already know what they are going to say: "trick or treat?" The only type of candy I like is chocolate (I can't stand suckers or chewy candy or sticky candy). And yet I still love Halloween. The only redeeming quality Halloween has is that it's an excuse for every single family in America to put up decorations that are orange and black, the two official colors of Halloween?

Orange and Black. In my humble opinion two of the most fantastic colors in the universe. It's obvious that it's because of the Bengals and Virginia Tech. But my life has been so inundated with orange that I just can't get enough of it. My favorite fruit is an orange. My favorite flavor of anything is orange. I love Sunkist. My favorite animal is a Tiger and really any wild cat, and ironically enough I am allergic to cats. Pumpkins and everything about them are awesome, except the disgusting goo inside. Everywhere you look in Cincinnati you see orange, and I love Cincinnati. So needless to say I am looking forward to September passing and October coming.



Where was I going with this post? Really I wanted to give my opinion on how the Bengals are going to do this year. If you asked me in July I would have said, "this team will surprise people, and are going to dominate like it was 2005." Unfortunately things have changed and I see a storm of injuries coming that just ruins the season. Everyone is hobbling but still playing. T.J will miss time with his hamstring issue. Chad will be lost for the season when he hurts his shoulder again. Carson will be fine but has no one to throw to. And my worst prediction of all, Chris Perry will not make it through the season before he blows his knee out once again. I think the Bengals are going to finish in the 6-10 or 7-9 range and it will be an offseason of turmoil once again. The kick in the pants is that I think Rudi will run wild in Detroit. And I think Chris Henry will get in trouble once again within the next year. What else would you expect from the Bengals?

3 comments:

This is why I'm trying to convince Scott to become a Bronco fan. They're orange, too. And they won't torture you.

I predict dumping Rudy was the best move they've made in years. Perry will stay healthy, and help with both his legs and hands. 9-7 and AFC North Champs....and then they'll get a playoff win against in the Broncos in the wildcard round!

"miserable reds"

How dare you?