Friday, August 24, 2007

A Little Doggy

Boy has this been a long week... it sure has tested both Liz and my patience. Some of you may know that we are looking to adopt a dog soon. Well we found one but that doesn't mean we get to have it. This past Tuesday we found a dog online named "Daisy". She is a little Chihuahua mixed with something (we don't know). I would post a picture of her but we don't want your hopes to be as high as ours are once you see a picture of her. She basically looks like a terrier in a chihuahua's body. So adorable. They say she loves to "romp" and "roam" when she isn't sitting on someone's lap, which tells us that she is a lovable thing and would be a good family pet. She is a smaller dog than what we were looking for but just too adorable to not want.... Let me outline the timeline of events:

  • So after finding her on Tuesday we applied for her that night.
  • Wednesday night we got a call that I unfortunately missed. The lady who called left a message asking if we were still interested and to call her back.
  • I immediately called back to say "YES, YES WE ARE!! PEEZ GIVE US DOG!"
  • On Thursday morning we went to look at her on the petfinder site again and she had disappeared! No longer posted there. I called back and left another message saying "umm... is she gone? what is up?"
  • Friday morning I got a call from a different person at the rescue center that said Daisy was still available but they were getting bombarded by so many calls and emails that they had to take her off the site, and are fairly confident they can find a good applicant in the bunch. She also told me that we were the first to send in an application even though it's not a first-come-first-serve process. She then gave me a phone number to call after work to reach the person that will be going through the applications and deciding on the best applicant.
  • This afternoon I called that woman and she hasn't answered yet. Will be continuing to call.
Just thought I would give an update on the excruciating waiting period we have been going through to hear about this adorable doggy. We have been getting far too attached seeing as we have only read a description of her and seen a few pictures... but that's all we have to go on...

What will be will be so we will see... and we'll let you know.

Cross your fingers for Daisy.

3 comments:

Our fingers are crossed for Daisy! Dewey is anxious for a new friend!

A chihuahua in a terrier's body? Is that what you said? Can't wait to see a photo. I'm so glad you're looking for a rescued dog! No dog snobs in this family! Good luck! We pick up Pip tomorrow...I think I'm prepared for a change of lifestyle, but still a little nervous.

i'm hoping you get little, adorable daisy! Great to see you both this weekend :)