Thursday, October 25, 2012

Garden Surprise

A few weeks ago I went out to our garden and came upon some unexpected plants. Little did we realize, that after we pulled out the plants that we no longer wanted at the end of the Summer, plants from the previous year sprouted up.

That's right, we did NOT plant these in 2012. This Thai Dragon Pepper plant, I had planted in 2011:


I made the mistake last weekend of taking on the challenge of eating one of the red ones. That was a MISTAKE. I spent some time under the faucet (yes, I realize water isn't the best solution, but it felt good).

Then I spotted tomato plants, which is not where we planted them this year:


All the plants in the front, all tomato plants from 2011 that just popped up unexpectedly:


So cutting down that tree in the garden turned out to be the best decision ever. We'll see if we get any tomatoes before it gets cold enough to kill them.

Now, it's October. Wait, it's almost November, and I just went out to the garden and found an abundance of sweet peppers, and enough red jalapenos to kill a person. I would have thought that all the plants would be dead by now, but they are still producing more than we can handle.

Here are some peppers I left in the garden:


And this is what I just picked out of the garden:


I wouldn't be surprised at this point if the peppers keep producing all winter long. Crazy.

1 comments:

Holy cow that's amazing! Oh, to live in a climate where things grow...I'm jealous!