Saturday, May 26, 2012

Kidstuf - Reginald Fastidious III

A lot of people who know me, know that I participate several times a month in a Sunday production for kids at church called "Kidstuf". The goal is to both entertain and teach kids about Bible stories as well as instill in them a different virtual every month. For example in May, the virtue was "Responsibility" and it means "showing others you can be trusted with what's expected of you".

I have 2 roles that I play in the show. The first role is as the comic host, where me and another "credible host" introduce the show and the virtue at the beginning of the show while putting on a funny skit for the kids before the show starts. The second role I play is different characters during the section of the show called "The Word". This section of the show does the story telling part from the Bible.

Well last week Liz videoed the show. I do have a video of the introduction we put on, but the more  entertaining part is during my second role, which I was playing the character that I play once per month called Reginald Fastidious III. Just to set the scene, Reginald is as arrogant and pompous as it gets. He thinks he is the greatest actor who ever lived, but in reality, he's goofy, clumsy, and not very good at acting at all. In fact Reginald is so arrogant, that he constantly insists on acting out all the parts of the bible story, without any help from any other characters. In this weeks Word, Lisa is the story teller and she narrates the story while Reginald acts it out. The bible story this week is that of the Good Samaritan. I hope you enjoy!

1 comments:

Thanks for taping this Liz! Great job Michael. it's funny, but i think it is interesting that Michael's personality is still the same personality he had growing up. I could have totally seen him doing that and acting that way 20 years ago! :)

Good job Michael. :)