Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting All Crafty

I'm nesting. Actually, I've been nesting for quite a while now. The good news is, we are officially done with the baby room so my nesting has taken over other parts of the house, such as cleaning out the pantry and laundry room. And of course getting ready for our upcoming guests.

Here are two projects I took on over the last few weeks as part of my nesting bug that I am extra excited about. The first is making a mobile for the crib. We were given a fancy mobile that lights up and spins around, but unfortunately it didn't fit our crib quite right. So instead, I went to Pinterest in search of some ideas to make my own. Using this one as my inspiration, I came up with this:



Instead of using fabric and thread, it's just paper and tape. It might not be the fanciest, but I love it and it fits the room perfectly.

The next project was building some book shelves. We have a book shelf that Michael built a while ago and I had painted white, but once we brought it up to the room to hang it just didn't look right. It was too big for the space I wanted it in. So off to Pinterest I go again and fell in love with these fabric shelves. Here is my version:


I love the way it looks and is perfect for the little reading corner.


We have some crib bedding that should arrive later this week so once that is here I will do a full post of the whole room!

3 comments:

Liz these are awesome! I'm so making one of these mobiles with the leftover quilt fabric scraps.

I already have book slings in the nursery which I love - but will probably be replacing them with new ones since we're changing the fabrics in the room for the arrival of #2.

So fun!

I love, love, love them both! What fun fabric on the slings and the mobile is perfect! Baby will be so happy to gaze at it.

I am so incredibly impressed. They both look great. Wow!