Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The "You're Awesome Letter"

A while ago, I came up with the phrase, the "you're awesome letter". What is it you ask? It is the confirmation from a bank or loan that you have paid off a debt. You have worked so hard to get rid of a debt and made so many payments and unfortunately, have sent so much money, you deserve a letter from that company saying "Hey! You're Awesome! Job Well Done! Not everyone pays off a loan ahead of time!"

I have never received a "you're awesome letter" because when we paid off our furniture (bed) loan, Rooms To Go never let us know. They just kept on going, business as usual, but instead of sending us billing statements, they just... stopped sending us billing statements. The punks.

So needless to say, when we paid off our car early in March, we were super excited to get that letter. A whole 2 years and 3 months early to be exact. I mean, they had no choice but to tell us we're awesome, they had to send us our title! So, at last, it arrived almost one month after our last payment. Here it is:


You probably can't read it, here's the gist:

Dear Michael & Liz,

You're awesome for paying off your car. Here's the proof. You're awesome.

Yours truly awesome,

BB&T

I must add one more note. We took better pictures than the one above. But when I went to go make this post, I realized that every single photo we took contained specific information about our vehicle that I did not want out on the internets. So this photo, with my face covered up and the letter somewhat blurry, gets the job done. When is your next "you're awesome letter"? Ours should come around November. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

I dunno -- I'd still be worried about that photo. What if someone enhances it to see all your sensitive details? They can do that -- I saw it on TV!

Congrats on being awesome.

I love how awesome your awesome letter is. Congrats on paying off that car early and moving closer to autonomy. Laura and I just talked the other day about needing another DRFC meeting. Let's make it happen. Didn't you say there was some restaurant near Laura and I, that you and Liz wanted to go to?