Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Perfect Saturday

I'm sure everyone has their idea of what a perfect Saturday is. Well today, in my opinion, I had the perfect Saturday. I am going to outline exactly what I did. It had everything. Also, you should know that the temperature today was a perfect 72 degrees and we had the windows open all day and Daisy has barely moved from the deck where she loves to lay in the sun. Here is what I did:

  • Woke up at 8AM not feeling tired. Put on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt and came downstairs and fed Daisy.
  • I sat down and checked some work stuff that didn't turn out to be a problem and watched a little news and sportscenter
  • Opened up my book called "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and read 20 pages.
  • Liz went to the farmers market, so I finished the last hour of the James Bond movie "Thunderball" I had been watching the night before.
  • Then watched the entire James Bond movie "You Only Live Twice".
  • Went outside and mowed the lawn, raked the leaves in the backyard, and did some random clean up around the yard.
  • Liz and I went to Target just to return some things and browse.
  • Duke lost to Bob Huggins' West Virginia squad. Hopefully Xavier wins so Huggins can beat them too.
  • Took a shower
  • Moved the grill down to the patio where it will stay and started the grill with coals and lighter fluid.
  • We then grilled our very first "grass-fed beef" london broil on the grill that we bought at Whole Foods along with a 1/2 lb. of shrimp and we also had corn with dinner.
  • It was slightly over cooked at medium well but it was still very delicious and good to know that it was good for us and the right thing to do.
  • I had a beer with dinner and now another one while watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with all the windows open, a perfect breeze floating through the room, with the sun going down in the distance.
  • To end the perfect Saturday, I think I will do some more reading, watch some nick at nite (hopefully Home Improvement), and go to bed without any agenda tomorrow except for an Easter Sunday Asbury UMC service and lots of fun with Jon, Julie, and Dewey.

I can't think of a better Saturday than that... well... I might have to match it up with skiing at Copper Mountain, Colorado, but that won't happen but once a year.

0 comments: