Monday, October 22, 2007

Life's Flyin

After coming home from the hardest day of work I have had since working at IBM, I must blog about how awesome life is. I realize that this blog is about Liz and my lives and what we do and where we go, but I want to take a second to say just how awesome life is when you have a wife like Liz. I realize we only have 4 months experience in the marriage department, but I feel like our lives flow like peanut butter and jelly. Whenever she falls off the side of the sandwich, as that tends to happen in PB&J's, I flow right off the side with her. And the bite of a PB&J isn't as delicious without a little bit of peanut butter and a little bit of jelly. Metaphors and jokes aside, we just don't have arguments, I feel like we communicate a lot about life and the daily events, and we always know how the other will react in most situations which makes it very easy to live with each other. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this paragraph is just about as long as a reader wants it to be so I will leave it at, life is great with Liz.

So as far as the events in the past month or so. Momma D came to visit and that was a lot of fun. She came with her sleeves rolled up and boy did she change this house around. She painted one of our guest bedrooms royal blue, our master bathroom a dark cappuccino color, and kick started my deck project. She also got to meet Daisy for the first time and I know that they both loved that. We are so appreciative of her visiting and helping us out around the house. We look forward to more of that in the future :).
The weekend after Momma D was here, we went to the beach with Jon and Julie and Cousin Dewey. It was a great time and we will remember it most by our lack of preparation. Liz and I didn't even pack enough for a night of sleeping on the couch, let alone camping near the beach. A full change of clothes, a bathing suit, sandals, flashlight, matches or fire starters; these are all items that make sense at a camp site near the beach, apparently not to us. But regardless we had a fantastic time. We'd like to do again sometime soon and possibly make it a tradition. Here are a few pictures from the trip(you might have to click on them to see them better):

Daisy was scared to death of the waves, but after a few hours she could... tolerate them.

This is Daisy "roughing it". Has anyone seen the movie Troop Beverly Hills? I can't believe I just made that reference, but hey, I have 3 sisters.

Daisy had a blast chasing Dewey... actually it was both chasing and antagonizing, couldn't really tell:

Successful Antagonization:

Daisy loves to dig, and the beach is her digging heaven:

Cutest. Picture. Ever.:
My two loves:

So after the beach the other two big things we've done is have a pumpkin carving party and that was a blast. Liz made the very smart move of buying a pumpkin carving kit at Target and that helped a ton! It also gave us outlines of things to draw on the pumpkins. Here are all the pumpkins:
Liz's is the worried face in the middle and mine is the tree to the right that says "Happy Halloween" on it and Daisy's is the dog bone between us. The other pumpkins are our friends that came over.

We also had a good time at the pumpkin patch and Daisy loved to roam around and smell everything. We swear she is the most curious dog. Loves to smell things. We have tons of nicknames for her and "Curious George" and "Magellan" are two of them. Here is a picture of Diasy and I at the pumpkin patch:


OK, so this post has been forever long, but that's mainly because of the photos. Hope everyone enjoyed them. Events coming up for us in the future are my marathon on November 4th, Thanksgiving in a month and who knows what else...

PS - Daisy just sat on my lap and had something to say: "jrerej tvtv vvtffytgghftr5t54gtxz"

0 comments: